An easy and delicious cast iron pizza recipe you’ll have on the menu every Friday night.
You’ll want to read the recipe through completely before starting. There’s a long rest time but so worth the wait!
The Best Cast Iron Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup water, cold
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella & provolone cheese mix
- toppings of choice
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt.
- Stir in cold water and combine well. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap.
- Allow dough to rest on the countertop for 12 to 18 hours. (It should double in size and move when you tilt the bowl).
- Sprinkle the dough with a little flour (about a 1/2 tbs.) Lightly stir until it forms a loose ball.
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with the olive oil, making sure you grease up the sides of the pan.
- Place the dough ball in the greased skillet, spreading close to the edge with oiled fingers. (It's okay if it doesn't spread completely to the edges).
- Cover the pan with a lid or plate and let rest for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to highest temperature. (Mine happens to be 550* F)
- Add sauce, cheese, and toppings to the risen dough.
- Start cooking the pizza on a stove-top burner on medium high for 3 minutes.
- Place in preheated oven and bake about 12 minutes (if oven is at 550* F, if your oven temp. is lower cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until golden).
- Be careful when removing from the oven, the pizza will be extremely hot, Enjoy!